As I write, an article on the Atlantic Ocean Circulation nearing its tipping point is the top viewed on the Guardian website. This is what they miss out:
- The collapse of the Atlantic Ocean circulation (AMOC) will be the most devastating event in the last 10,000 years of human history.
- It will happen overnight with sudden effects.
- It will be irreversible and continue for 1000s of years.
- It will destroy human civilisation because it will be impossible to grow food in northern Europe - temperatures would drop by between 3-8°C. Enough to half the amount of land where you can grow wheat.
- 100s of millions of Europeans will have to move or starve to death. Those that move will be subject to holocaust events created by warlords and/or fascistic regimes.
- Coastal cities will have to be evacuated.
- Monsoons in the tropics will collapse, resulting in 100s of millions more refugees.
This is just the beginning - the collapse also will feed into other disastrous climate tipping points like the collapse of the Amazon rainforest. We are looking at billions of deaths and possible effective extinction this century - that now has to be the main concern.
Last but not least, the above scenario is a conservative prediction because it doesn't take into account the non-linear effects of other systems on the AMOC collapse date (e.g the collapse of ice cover in the Arctic, methane release, and mega forest fires).
Why is no one talking about this?
Why aren't there emergency conferences of Europe's farmers?
Why aren't the media going on strike till the government acts?
Why aren't there mass sit-downs in cities for weeks on end?
Because repressed scientists just say that it's "kind of scary" - like saying Auschwitz was "kind of unpleasant".
The situation is totally fucked.
Recently I've been reading and writing everyday to help get this truth out and build a revolutionary movement. I've got a small team of volunteers around me and we need your help to get the message further. Please donate to my work or reply to this email if you can help to volunteer. Thank you.
Sign up for nonviolent civil resistance with Just Stop Oil in the UK or via the A22 Network internationally. Alternatively, you can now join a new collaborative project I'm helping with called Humanity. It is aiming to build the new world ahead based on deliberative democracy.